Link optimization is the foremost step you take to rank at the top and get more and more traffic to your website. But, of course, your website’s ranking position is essential for good CTR, and it is the process of improving the link quality.
Research suggests that over 30% of Google users click on the top websites. So, by making these kinds of SEO investments, you increase the chances of boosting your website traffic 100 times better.
Yes, there are no doubt many factors that influence your ranking position in the search results, but whatever is in our hands, we can do it. And on the most critical thing among these is link features. Any digital marketer link should be at the top of your priority list. If you don’t work on your link optimization process, you can face much loss in CTR and conversions.
How to Optimize Links?
We have seen how important it is to work on link optimization. Now the question arises, how? We’d like to look at the tips that can help you with link optimization for your website.
Link Optimization through Relevant Keywords
Using relevant keywords in the link addition can help the search engine understand the page content. Now this step is crucial to appear on the relevant search results. Now to crack this method easily is to use long tail keywords. We know these long-tail keywords tend to have less traffic and are less competitive. But they have more chances of getting more conversion rates since conversion rates are the most powerful part of online marketing.
Another method that can help you with keyword research is tools or software that can help you find good quality long tail keywords. One of the best tools is SEMrush.
Once you find relevant keywords, start adding them to your website links. This method increases the chances of rankings with related keywords in the search engine since it is the most powerful signal to the seat engine.
Usage of Consistent Permalink Structure:
Permalink is a permanent link in the WordPress posts, pages, and tag archives. It is simple to add a permalink, yet it is beneficial. It not only helps search engines but also helps visitors with website navigation.
If you choose the proper structure, the search engine will be fine with indexing your content. This will give your website a great chance of appearing in relevant search results. When a visitor stays longer on your page, sending permalink signals to search engines that your page provides a positive user experience.
Don’t keep the Link Too Long
Keeping the links too long can make it difficult for a search engine to crawl it. Since crawlers find it difficult to crawl your website, indexing it can take too long. Apart from this, visitors can also find it difficult to find your website with a too-long URL. So keep your links short and makes it easier for everyone!
Importance of Link Optimization for WordPress?
Undoubtedly, we add links on every website page when we publish articles on WordPress. Do you have any idea why we do that? Have you ever considered thinking about it? Could you tell us why we do that?
There are two types of links: Internal and External Links:
- Internal links are the same website pages link given on other pages, and they help the users with navigation and help people find what they are looking for. And they also improve your website SEO, helping your website to be more visible.
- External Links are links from other websites as useful as internal links. Adding value and more user resources will make your website look more authorized. And could you help your website to improve search engine optimization?
- In the end, links are crucial. With them, your website will be visible in the search results. More than adding them to your website is required, and you need to optimize them using the above mentioned methods.
Other Tips to Follow for Link Optimization
- Ensure that your link is checked regularly so that if there is any low-quality or harmful link, you can remove it.
- Never buy your links; this is just the worst method you could use for link optimization. Just to let you know, you need to do this all organically.
- It will help if you build high-quality and relevant links from official websites in the same industry as yours.
- anchor text is Another useful thing you apply in this process. The anchor text is the hyperlink. Again, SEO wants this link to be relevant to the page you are linking to rather than generic text. It is a clickable blue text, and it is designed to stand out.
If you add, internal and external links to your content is a great start. And that is not it. If you want good results, you need to optimize them properly to have full advantage of them. This is how you can get more conversions or CTR on your website. Any online marketer link should be at the top of the list. Therefore, if you do not work on your link optimization process, you can face much loss in CTR and conversions.